Thursday, June 12, 2008

old and dear,life-giving friends are great medecine


you know those special life-giving friends....when you meet someone who transforms your path into an adventure,a kind of surreal,magical,awe inspiring place??
I have heard it said that we are lucky to have a handful of such friends who serve as mirrors into our best selves,who make the ordinary seem and feel truly extraordinary?
Who are those people in your life? When did you last connect via a telephone chat or e-mail or visit?
Today I had such a connection with a dear friend - a professional dancer & pilates teacher- who,telephoned from the states while I was at the beach with my daughter,Miss A. We laughed,caught up and for me I remembered the best parts of myself in hearing this voice from the past honoring the present,like an echo!

We shared a dream with others when slowly a group formed and the dream grew bigger until we were choreographing multi-media performances for hundreds in cities in the pre-9/11 USA and in Europe. It seemed our creativity and convictions inspired things far bigger then each of us alone could have attained! Waking Dreams was the name we felt best described our shared vision of connecting the Arts and Medecine!

Lastly,just to pass on some inspiration ,I will add some gorgeous photos which depict dance in this breath taking,for me healing, fashion- these photos are from Felicity at All things Bright and Beautiful
Photographer: Ralph Mecke


7 comments:

  1. Yes, I absolutely do know these special "life-giving friends" and that is a wonderful way to regard such friends. Behind such friendship is what I like to refer to as the power of two. Amongst that connection with another, we grow in tremendous ways, we expand. Such friendships have given me increased courage, inspiration, hope.

    I think it is so wonderful that you and this friend shared a dream and realized the multimedia performances! That is so incredible. "It seemed our creativity and convictions inspired things far bigger then each of us alone could have attained!" - So beautifully said! And what a beautiful friendship!

    Although we've never "met," I think of you as a life-giving friend. Your beautiful soul is so felt here in the blog universe. Thank you for sharing your beauty with all of us! Your presence brings out the best, most optimistic and happy part of me! I am so grateful!

    By the way, these photos are breathtaking, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of friends being "mirrors into our best selves". It's wonderful that you were able to catch up with an old friend -- it's inspiring me to do the same . . .

    {Also, just read your comment at Creme de la Mode -- thank you!}

    Have a really lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very lucky to be able to answer yes to the first question.
    And, I am extremely fortunate to be able to connect with a friend like that everyday. Truly, these kind of friends are so rare and special---and absolutely life changing.

    I am so happy you have such a friend and I can tell you are that kind of friend that serves as a mirror and brings out the best part of all that you come in contact with.

    Your project, Waking Dreams, sounds lovely and heart filled. I hope you write more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! Having friends that one can connect with are so vital.

    Also, the photos of the dancers are beautiful! I miss dancing very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh,my goodness!!!I had nearly given up on blogging because I had felt like I was trying too hard to fit into a formula of the blogs I love like ...I contemplated being just an observer because I gain so much from your special talents,humor,and updates. They always make me ponder or laugh and guide me to search onward... my friend,whose spirit of encouragement and acknowledgement
    made me aware that I was still essentially the same but, simply on a new journey.

    And, your comments have touched me so... they too, serve as the mirror I need to continue to find my own new waking dreams!!!

    merci b,this is glamorous,and la belette rouge and F.O.T-you cheer me so...ps I have recently had a new vision for a multimedia production involving nature and will keep you abreast as it develops:)
    and Donald Acevedo is this special friend and talented dancer/choreographer--thank you too donaldo
    joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! You have a stunning blog! Love it!

    ReplyDelete