Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer children and dreamy vintage photography





why do black and white photos make us dream? capture our imaginations the way they do? as a pediatrician I wonder if it how we first viewed the world ,the images seen by infants are in black and whites and grays? hum?

here are some fabulous vintage photos of Frank Horvat from the 50's and 60's- magical and different in that they contain children along side the models! I know my children are finished with school and are beachside and very much with me...

and this one is fun because it reminds me of the feather duster when the children help with chores before beach time!


ps Frank Horvatland
1928 :Né le 28 avril, à Abbazia, Italie (maintenant Opatija, Croatia).
Mon père Karl, était médecin pédiâtre. Ma mère, Adele Edelstein, était médecin et psychoanalyste.



pss I have been studying for my continuing medical credits and as such have not been blogging,but, thanks for stopping by- it is always great to hear from you !

8 comments:

  1. These photos are wonderful! I, too am captivated by black-and-white photos. Somehow it makes the viewer's eye focus more powerful - no little distractions commonly found in colour photos.

    I must apologise for being terribly remiss in reading blogs and commenting these past couple of months. When not traveling abroad, I've been up to my eyebrows in book deadlines. I greatly appreciate your lovely comments and links in my absence!

    Hope to catch up w/ you properly soon. Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these black and whites are gorgeous. I too am so effected by b&w photography. It truly does evoke a dreamy emotion. Thank you for sharing them with us!

    I hope your continuing medical credits studies are going well. I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus myself, busy with Paris preparations, moving, etc. But I'm always thinking of you and love returning here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc - this is the most BEAUTIFUL of posts - I LOVE FRANKS work and you really have chosen some beauties.

    And thank you so much for the mention in the post below - I'm so glad you enjoyed the dance post :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadn't seen these before -- such beautiful shots! The second one is really quite special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous black and white photos. The fan hiding the models face, but one can still see the outline of it, shows the genius in Frank Horiatland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way those black and white pictures look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss your beautiful posts. I hope that if you are up to and have the tome that you will post again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful and evocative photographs, xv.

    ReplyDelete