Monday, April 20, 2009

A young 100 year old female MD celebrating in style!

I do not know about you,but personally I am in the mood for a party, a celebration of sorts??!!! hummm

in name only- photo
let me think a minute should we eat inside at my husbands newly crafted long and lean table( this is on order, i.e. my order for the first free minute, hubby has to make it, yeh right,I know get in line ....) 
anne st marie,photo tom palumbo

photo -coté sud

it could be fun to have a party,inside 

or should we chance it outside with those billowy afternoon clouds and sun showers?
opps- photocredit please,anyone?

either way we need more chairs,these are indeed lovely,no?
coté sud
let me just run to the kitchen for a moment

then I can decide on my attire,springy but, long

photo-df ,tom palumbo

no,I agree this is too ,too formal ,lest we say dated...
1866-8 day dress BowesMuseum



not like I will sit and be served in old french style 
in  my matching open-spaced salon

Regardless ,the mere thought of it makes me want to dance, I love remembering that no matter what my age,
( and no, I am not sporting senior fares or anything, really friends,)
37925391_p photo 
 that our spirit it indeed,always ---young at heart!

et,voila!!! case in point




Italian neurologist and senator for life Rita Levi Montalcini, Nobel Prize winner for Medicine in 1986, delivers her address at a press conference for her one hundredth birthday in Rome, Saturday April 18, 2009. Montalcini will be 100 years old on April 22. The Italian scientist received the Nobel prize for medicine with Stanley Cohen of the United States, in 1986, for discoveries of mechanisms that regulate the growth of cells and organs. (AP Photo/Riccardo De Luca)
  • right, I admire her mindset and her energy to  face the racism of her youth with determination & to study and do reseach despite WWII Italy control under Musselini. (check out Huffington Post for details
  • here's to prayers that Iran settles down and that the Durban II antiracisme conference in Geneva achieves just that a position of anti-racisme.
  • have a great week !

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome post.
    You really capture some great things that inspire me.
    I love the beauty of the photos you choose and the words you share with them.

    I hope that all is well in your world.

    best wishes Ribbon

    ReplyDelete