Friday, January 9, 2009

replaying old favorites, like music or re-reading an old love letter- good for the soul

(f.y.i. this photo below is from a piece I choreographed with Donald Acevedo below for the American Medical Women's Association conference in Atlanta-creativity is truly healing!! for those of you, bloggy friends who are curious ,I will share what the piece was about?)

old and dear,life-giving friends are great medecine!!!

you know those special life-giving friends....when you meet someone who transforms your path into an adventure,a kind of surreal,magical,awe inspiring place??
I have heard it said that we are lucky to have a handful of such friends who serve as mirrors into our best selves,who make the ordinary seem and feel truly extraordinary?
Who are those people in your life? When did you last connect via a telephone chat or e-mail or visit?
Today I had such a connection with a dear friend - a professional dancer & pilates teacher- who,telephoned from the states while I was at the beach with my daughter,Miss A. We laughed,caught up and for me I remembered the best parts of myself in hearing this voice from the past honoring the present,like an echo!

We shared a dream with others when slowly a group formed and the dream grew bigger until we were choreographing multi-media performances for hundreds in cities in the pre-9/11 USA and in Europe. It seemed our creativity and convictions inspired things far bigger then each of us alone could have attained! Waking Dreams was the name we felt best described our shared vision of connecting the Arts and Medecine! 

Lastly,just to pass on some inspiration ,I will add some gorgeous photos which depict dance in this breath taking,for me healing, fashion- these photos are from Felicity, who had the most magnificant blog  , but, she left the blog world  and I will always be grateful to her  for her
insightful directives  and postings ! I do miss All things Bright and Beautiful !!
Photographer: Ralph Mecke 

if you know what happened to her ,let me know- ! I pray that all is well!

Have a great weekend where ever you are--- let the light of the full moon inspire you!!

3 comments:

  1. I love your dance photos. I am a sucker for dance photos and as I write I have close to a thousand in my screen saver. I loved hte story behind your images, too.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dance, in all its forms, is breath-taking whether in motion or static , like the images presented by a photo- it captures so much more than appendages striking certain positions or poses. I would venture to imagine that as an art form,it represents one of the oldest known to man- because rhythm is inherently understood. thanks tons for stopping by- I am off to peek in on bloggyville ! salut du midi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dance, in all its forms, is breath-taking whether in motion or static , like the images presented by a photo- it captures so much more than appendages striking certain positions or poses. I would venture to imagine that as an art form,it represents one of the oldest known to man- because rhythm is inherently understood. thanks tons for stopping by- I am off to peek in on bloggyville ! salut du midi.

    ReplyDelete