Monday, April 28, 2008

followings one's inner voice,intuition and/or faith?



sometimes I wonder why I chose the name of my blog to be dancing doc design- it is a good question really!
when I was little I loved to dance,I studied classical ballet under a strict yet, talented teacher,among any other types of dance I could find,save tap! I choreograghed pieces using modern and jazz and ballet technique as early as 11 years old. I soon found a school where I could dance 3 hours a day and get this,even merit a varsity letter-who knew?
Northfield Mount Hermon,a small boarding school in the hill of western Massechusetts, was where I learned to believe in myself and my dancing! It is where I felt my wings grow, where I felt my faith connect with music,lyrics and movements to tell a story or highlight a sentiment.

Dancing made me feel whole,tall,large,and connected with a creative force which I knew to be not entirely mine, I was but, an instument of something greater,(this was also how I felt when practicing medicine!) Dancing to me is about resonance! Resonance is about connections and I BELIEVE WE ALL FEEL MORE ALIVE WHEN WE DANCE!
at least I do! Hence the dancing in my blog name. I will share more about the rest of the title as I go on.....

2 comments:

  1. OMG. I, too, took ballet, tap and jazz from my earliest memory until I was 17. Oh my, such memories. Recitals, competitions and many hours of practise. Now, I sit in front of the PC all day...yeah, not really the same is it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and symbolic post, providing insight into your blog name and who you are as a person. It is so amazing, to feel a part of that immense creative force and yes, one you know is "not entirely mine, but an instrument of something greater." Yet, the connectivity we feel when experiencing that creative force is unmatchable.

    I look forward to hearing more about the title. Do you dance much now, even if here and there at whim?

    ReplyDelete