Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Injecting some coziness on a decorating budget of zero!



well,my perhaps, naive belief is that it is a piece of cake to design exquisite spaces if one has a large budget but, to use only things on hand in new ways, transforming old curtains into say a new duvet cover,à la Sound of Music's,Marie, or an old window pane into a vehicle for light refraction and reflection.... that feels like something of value to me- ok, I tell myself, beauty is an ever changing perspective, a new lens for enjoying old things!
Like my Grandma's old ice cream chairs from her ice cream shop from the early 1900's,infused with memories from long sunny afternoons under grapevines among family and friends!
Like a tati couch comfy from lounging covered with say, an old set of curtains !
Saint Thérèse's tender black and white photos taken by her sister Celine inspiring me to embrace that there is a gift in everything!
-
That is why I adore the blog - all things bright and beautiful - indeed this is a perspective of beauty in all shapes and forms!! And Decor8 noting that she is away now, but has some grat leads---and of course another expat,Corey Amaro ,a gifted writer and fine inspirational individual and Tongue in Cheek !!!these are women with a focused lens for beauty and style makers!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right... it really is a perspective that lends to the ultimate beauty of life in its many forms, including home decorating. It really isn't about the things and accumulation of such. When we surround ourselves with meaning, we are deeply inspired. And we shine more brightly than ever.

    Your sunshiny soul is shining all the way across the world and is felt on my end! Thanks for the inspiration and reawakening me to what really matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc, you dear lady - thank you - I am humbled.

    Hugs to you and I must say - am loving the new look blog!! very nice! :-) hugs and hope you're having a great day

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete