Sunday, March 29, 2009

Emersion Therapy: cast iron clawfoot bathtub!

It was before Mass today when the sunlight  was  suddenly basking the rim of the tub wistfully.... 

A funky old salle de bain can do this!  It draws you in !What is it about lovely old bathrooms with  charm oozing from their faded walls and antique mirrors? 

                                                  Whether it be an Italian tiled shower room...

This refreshing salle begs lingering, it asks only for your silence, for your relaxation,
{I recommend  you place large locks on the door or really obvious signs,no, better yet, let that be a billboard indicating to your family that you are indeed, quite unreachable!!! Now under a blanket of scented mandarin et citron vert bubbles you are rejuvinating ....
And why, can you tell me, is the slipper tub so fascinating? Is it it's shape? It's height? Is it the weight of the cast iron? 

Even in the outdoors, a bath or shower is a place of sunlight and delight...
Though not being the camper kind ,
 lets imagine a bit more luxury and uh,yeah, privacy! ...
Now imagine if you will my delight when sitting in the Ecurie of our Grange,or the barn at ground level tonight when  I heard a dripping sound !!! Yes, I did say delight- read on,because the bathtub up above was leaking during one of the teen's long shower....my, too bad! 
I actually loathe my salle de bain and guess what? That little ole' leak means , you guessed it,probably we will need a new tub, and tiles, and lighting ahhh,
 I love when I can truly see a gift within a problem.....let me just go get a bucket!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment