Thursday, March 5, 2009

Red Dress Heart Health, Madoff Victim and His former Friend

Ageless Beauty
Carmen Dell Orifice featured her in a Red Dress for the Heart Healthy Women's Campaign!

She has been working since nearly 15 years old as a model,as you can see below from her early photos! 
Carmen is particularly fascinating because she defies the norms- she went back to modeling after a divorce as an older model who then broke the barriers of beauty as being only for the young!

 She is considered a Super Model still! Let's face it,  ---Beauty does defy age, race and religion and I personally am happy to see the blissful variety in the media! Especially now with the average life expectancy rising, our lens need to do likewise! 

 I find the taught,pinched faces of the older women redone are not particularly attractive! Yes ,granted it fuels a market for innovative skin care, lasers and plastic surgeries!  I still find the time lined faces of Mother Teresa and Katherine Hepburn to convey a purity  or truth !

Rather than a mask trying to restrain our view upon time and its impact on their  faces I prefer the real insight into their life experiences! I recall my Grandmother at 103.5 years old, sharp as a tac yet, her face wrote a story about the early 1900's immigration from Italy to Riker's Island, the Great Depression, the birth of 9 children, the working in a factory on the shores of New Bedford or Fall River, living along side the American Indians from the region,the long days cooking and cleaning, the marriages of her children ,then the births of grandchildren, and then great, and great great Grandchildren....each line like a badge of honor, a tribute to her world!

Here Carmen defies these standard of the youth !!! 
As,I mentioned I read recently that Carmen and her latest husband,now deceased,  were close family Friends of the notorious Mr. Madoff. I recall the article in Vanity Fair,I believe, citing she bore great financial losses as apparently, many of Madoff's Chosen did. 
She was courageous in her plans to continue working! I hope that she will reap enough for her 3eme age which in the USA, has a reputation for being very costly !


ps It is told that she was a dancer of classical ballet picked off the bus in NYC for her beauty! Have a great Wednesday!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, she looks regal!

    Many thanks for the lovely images.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Carmen is stunning. I had heard that she had lost a lot of money with Madoff. Some friend, huh?

    I enjoyed your description of your grandmother; I find face erasure simply awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes beauty is ageless as it comes from a healthy heart!

    best wishes Ribbon

    ReplyDelete