Tuesday, January 15, 2008

DISSECTING THE BEAUTIFUL LIKE A SURGEON,did I really do this?



photos of La basilique Saint-Sernin
photos courtesy of office of tourisme in Toulouse
well, for one, it took me a few days away from blog to notice that I actually disected the blogging process, HELLLO!!!
I tried to give a diagnosis and weirdly a prognosis-jeepers-even with the beautiful blogs I read and I am trying to create, I feel a need to hyper-analyze!

I am mighty proud of myself though for catching this - my learning curve is very steep!so beauty for beauty's sake-whimsical, ethereal and visual!!!!

gratitudes list-saw 2 rainbows on our drive to Toulouse today!-a gift of rain,clouds and light,though Eldest tried to capture it on cellphone camera,not a chance!
-had 2 chocolate encounters,one making a fab Nutella bagette breakfast for Youngest and one in warm,cosy,chandelier filled Salon de Tea in Toulouse in the form of Chocolate fondant,shared with Middle
-had a hopeful feeling for the USA primary elections,noting that Obama still leads in delegate votes 25 to Clinton 24-hoooorah, gang, Bush's days are dwindling in office- but,would someone explain what exactly he is doing in the middle east? Is this a joke or what? empty diplomacy after making such a mess with everything....alas, the point here is perhaps there is some hope for change and fresh,authentic ideas and actions and huge change

also if you have not seen All things Brightand Beautiful -TIPS FOR NEW BLOGGERS it is a must! and ParisParfait has a few insights for Bush bunggling ,worth a look,as she is really politically savy with experience in international journalism as well as all things Paris and Antiques!

4 comments:

  1. thank you for visiting my blog and your very encouraging words. :) I am enjoying reading your blog, will visit more often. VERY happy to see the gratitude list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello-
    I read your comments on the parfait Paris blog. I couldn't agree with you more! Bush and his confidants have a made a mess of things. I was SO disappointed when he was elected in 2004, having not been elected, in my opinion, in 2000. Wish I could live in France as well. I view my country as one that would never elect a woman or an African American man so we are doomed to another 8 years of the next repub. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the kudos. I am working on a longer piece about Bush's Middle East misadventures, but have put off posting it, because I get in such a rage every time I see him doing yet another stupid inane thing that he considers is being diplomatic. How could one man with such great power be so completely clueless about almost everything??!! Like you, I'm hopeful that the election will bring some desperately-needed change. I just dread all the mud-slinging between now and then!

    Glad you had a lovely day in Toulouse. Please let me know if you're coming to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear doc - thank you so much for the mention - I so appreciate it :-) I must head over to parfait paris blog and see what all the excitement is about!!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete