Sunday, January 6, 2008

making memories


I think alot about how my children will remember our lives together,as I am sure we all do, I try to create settings where they feel welcome to bring friends and where food and or beverages,like tea or coffee or hot chocolate sit steaming in front of them while they giggle or play cards! I love my Grandma's round wooden pedestal table in the center of our kitchen because it reminds me of her. Her sunday italian dinners usually included 25 family members perched on different syle chairs. Their conversations were very animated, as all good Italian-Americans would be- think of TV's best characterizations of this-you get the picture! My Grandma would prepare hundreds of jars of organic tomato sauce on that very table during the 60's ,70's and 80's! she lived in her own home until she was 103 1/2 years old so I figure she had the right idea about staying focused on family and sharing a good cup of coffee with people you love!

2 comments:

  1. This is your home, yes?! It is SO absolutely lovely! Undeniably, your children will forever cherish home and so much of that is the experience... as you mention, playing cards, drinking hot chocolate together. That is the truly good stuff. Oh, I'm sure you are a wonderful mother and they are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in our tiny Paris apartment, I am astonished at how much space you have! Your kitchen is gorgeous! That table with the sentiment attached is so precious and a wonderful thing for your children and theirs to cherish.

    ReplyDelete