Friday, January 11, 2008

WOW FACTOR TAG GAME




the following blogs ,as perhaps you have noticed since I have given birth to BLOG baby, are frequented by me because of the wow factor -I mentioned this recently!!!
my mini analysis is this- what makes me return time and time again?
*beautiful photos-either their own or others
*dream element-kindles healthy longing or appreciation
*fun writing-kind of conversational and/or narrative
*shared stories-a sense of the "genuine"
*inspiration-conveying one's passion for a topic,item or experience
*willinglyness to connect with other bloggers-mighty mentors

allthingsbright&beautiful-Hong Kong
parisparfait-Paris
rang-thecoloursoflife-India
hiddeninfrance-France
tongueincheek-southof France
reddirtramblings-Oklahoma,USA

so now I am going to ask these gems of blogosphere what they sense is their WOW factor special ingredient? I look forward to their answers and your comments too!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to be viewing your new blog and look forward to reading more posts and ooh-ing and ah-ing over your lovely images! Thanks for the links to these blogs that inspire you as well. I'm developing my creative style while taking this blogging hiatus and really want a more photojournalistic and creative voice. No doubt I will find inspiration here on your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so kind of you! Good thing too I put your blog on my rss feed so know what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, more kudos! I am flattered! I think the important thing about blogging is to write from the heart, about a variety of topics about which one knows something or is interested in, both serious and frou-frou. Personal stories are always good. And I think a balance of photos/art with writing makes things more interesting. Also, brevity, even in serious pieces seems to be appreciated, as readers have limited time when they visit. Posting regularly is also important - hopefully, it encourages readers to keep coming back for more! :) Bonne chance et bonne courage avec votre blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doc - you have hit the nail on the head here re: your summary of what makes a beautiful blog - and I might add I am very honored to be included :-)

    Me personally? I like pictures that have a WOW factor - big beautiful bonk you on the visual konk and knock you out - if possible.:-)

    and lots of colour that's put together well not just randomly put in a post - sometimes I have great pics but they all don't sit well and unfortunately I have to cull - But!! that leaves lots of nice pics for others to use , Non! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including me...I think you have said it well and said it all. You spell the main points crystal clear.

    Thank you again !

    ReplyDelete