Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gratitudes a Corrective Lens for our Attitudes during the Gray season of Winter!



 

 


 

 

Here are some of my favorite gratitudes of the St. Valentine season which I share with you as my gift !

 

  1. As I sit here by my frosty window looking upon the vineyards in their winter grace, I give thanks for the heat we have- blessed thing called central heating using town gas- HOOOORAY!

 

  1. I am truly grateful that Daddy is in Atria, hidden from the realities of the irresponsible financial worldwide crisis- he would be really outraged by the government handling of the bailout and the Mad-Off scam.  Really, to truly appreciate this one must imagine Dad watching this unraval on TV ,Fox and C-Span, as was his routine, then imagine his sorrow and anger and fears he would have  had experienced about his nest egg. Lest it be said ,his angels have protected him from this scandal - and for this I am truly grateful he is insulated by those whose focus is supremely  about his comfort!!! And so when you all visit  him this season, try not to fret , and recall that the Atria is his haven , divinely chosen!

 

  1. I am grateful for Mom that she after so many intense years of trying to provide relief and conforting connections each day with Daddy, that she has a more life- giving solution in place for both of them and can  appreciate him  now through a more positive lens within his haven at the Atria.

 

  1. I am grateful I have had a head start on living a more simple life-
  2. I am grateful for our new President Obama and pray each day that he is protected and allowed to fulfill his missions with the assistance of our hopeful nation.
  3. I am grateful for my blessed children with their bilingual, or trilingual, skills and their adaptive abilites in this ever changing world
  4. I am grateful for my soulmate, Thierry, who is  a man who lives each day as though he were already in heaven- yes, I know, not entirely profitable or practical sometimes, but, his heart is well intentioned and he loves me in his own way.
  5. I am grateful for the time I have had to spend with my family- focused on them not patients or projects.
  6. I am grateful for having seen the light of change and of perceiving the collapse of the bubbles, housing and credit and lifestlye- noting , I could not feasibly maintain living a script from Dad and Mom's generation -in otherwords , for noting the cheese has moved and so must I.
  7. I am grateful for our food, our gas tanks when full, for crazy glue ,(which worked to keep my window from falling as a drove, the repair of the mechanism was trop cher.)for my sweet dogs, Aunt Betty-Bailey and Uncle Ralph-Nutella who are attentive to never leave my side,
  8. For medicine, for internet, for our working telephones, our fireplaces which brings back to days in Vermont with all of you, for friends old and new, for my creativity which spells out solutions to cramped living spaces and various other quandries.
  9. Lastly, I give thanks for all of you, and each of you- you bring a special something into my life even from afar, the shared memories, which now we know represent one of the most important and comforting gifts of all!

 

Even when it might appear one does not remember or understand , I always believed standing beside my various patients afflicted with severe disorders ,traumas or neurologic diseases - that though we , on the outside think they are not connecting with us ,

 

 on the inside or rather on the otherside, on the other plane, they are fully or even more fully, understanding our intentions and our love to connect in that moment. THUS---- The quality of the moment is more important than we ever thought possible! So to each of you I send hugs and kisses and gratitudes !!!!

 love 

Moi

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is delightful! I am adding you to my blogroll. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willow-
    Coming from you this is a real compliment! Looking forward to connecting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your list of the many things you are greatful for. These simple things seem so difficult to find sometimes. Wishing you lots of love on this Valentine's weekend. Thank you for your visits and your kind words. 'See' you soon!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still having problems with adding you to my blogroll. Thanks for trying to fix the problem.

    ReplyDelete