Saturday, February 28, 2009

When our Children get sick- Keeping it LIGHT!

Happy Weekend All! Happy Mardi Gras!!!!



We are finally all back on our feet after the nasty gastro that gripped our family for nearly 2 weeks.  I have managed to get back my appetite enough to prepare meals again- hooray !

I do not like being sick nor playing the bathroom cleanup fairy and shall we say that awaking multiple times a night reminds me of nights on call responding to the in 's and outs of bodily functions of my adorable patients

 It is altogether different when the whining patient is your preteen daughter who is having a fit because her hair , recently straightened and washed,  is in the way of projectile vomitus and I can do nothing to assuage her ! It is at times like these which are rather bittersweet, happy to be of aid to my own children during their discomfort with illness yet, noting that it is far easier to care for patients because there is no personal stuff to get in the way of treatments!


So I have been musing alot over these past days away from my blog world and there are a few things I wanted to share:
Taking time to honor great things happening in the world like---
  • I so loved Obama's Congressional Address - he delivered a clear message to Americans about his objectives regarding  Energy, Health care, and Education.  He drew a line for all to see about how these three issues were necessary to address NOW because they impact  the economic picture so acutely. Hooray for logical,bright leaders who can see the forest and the trees.  
Taking time to notice nature's beauty----
  • It has been magnificent these last few days with far reaching rays of gorgeous Mediterranean sunlight  beaming through the french windows.... taunting spring to arrive early!
Taking time to be a bit creative---
  • I have been  sketching up ideas for my horrific garden, which is styled to date in early hillbilly. Yes, my husband is a pack rat, so is my son and OK, I admit to having 8 french,iron beds,in parts mind you , in a corner near the outbuilding....I feel a decluttering coming along. And no, we have no chickens,roosters or pigs.

  • For the children/ adolescents here the transition back to school was slowed as I mentioned due to virus ville,here at the bohemian mini chateau, I advise pushing them to regain their rhythm with sports and studies( I was a tad eager and ended up doing a round trip to the city where my daughter attends school some 1hour away after she redecorated the girls bathroom- if you follow my drift.... 
  • Oh the positives of virus season, you ask- easily inspired weight loss, decrease in the grocery bills for 2 weeks -oh and excuses for long naps and family movie time.
THANKS AGAIN  to those of you who kindly alerted me to the problem of being able to follow my WDF- I hope I was able to fix it! Let me know if it persists! 
photos credit-victorian images

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you and your family are feeling better. You are very welcome for the award. I absolutely love your writing. There is such an ease to it! If France weren't so far away I would join you for coffee tomorrow!
    Warmest regards,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine,
    I would be delighted! One never knows if one will find themselves in the Midi region of France- it is in the area of Pezenas, where Moliere lived and wrote and set up his company!
    salut du Midi

    ReplyDelete