Friday, May 23, 2008

reminiscing- the beauty of visual memories


Sitting in the pink room full of sunshine with the light dancing off the chandelier and the long antique spotted mirror above the rose marble fireplace, I am blessed with snoring, yes,with the snoring- like hum of my two canine friends. Bailey is a Cavelier King Charles,red haired and a tad overweight and Nutella, a yorkie with an attitude like that of a New York City Cop. He stands at attention upon hearing the slightest noise. Right now they are both snuggled on the old iron bed by my feet. Sounds simple enough, not fancy or very exciting but, it does summarize the peaceful, simple pleasures of my lifestyle as a french mother living with my soul mate,thierry and my sweet children.Now how come this interlude is ever so special- because it was a long road here from the fast paced lifestyle of a New England Doctor .And for this passage I am grateful.


This was our old kitchen and I dare sare I miss it sooo much! I will have faith that our new old house will be transformed with more love ,care and €€€€ 's

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture you paint of your sleeping friends. I hope that photos will soon follow.

    And,your kitchen was gorgeous. Did you do the kitchen or was it like that when you moved int? It is really lovely. Cannot wait to see what you do with your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I will have to take some photos of the boys in our new,old house for posting. I did the kitchen there was nothing there just walls and the french doors. New beginnings can be difficult but, looked at in my most positive way it is a challenge and an opportunity- key word for me is positive! thanks for stopping by-great to hear you had an electric car, by the way the strike is over lasted 1 full day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are beautiful. You have such an incredible design sense. Both rooms are gorgeous. I've seen but a handful of kitchens done as lovely as the one you show here. I look forward to seeing your "new" kitchen in the future.

    And yes, I too would love to see photos of "the boys."

    ReplyDelete
  4. These images are beautiful. The design aesthetic and mood of the rooms is calm and inviting. Looking forward to seeing your new kitchen.

    {Thanks for visiting my site and for your comments.}

    ReplyDelete